- You don't get to keep any audiobooks or e-books if you cancel your subscription.
Another one of my favorite audiobook subscription services is Audiobooks.com. It was launched back in 2011. The platform is similar to Audible in many ways, but I believe that it has its own advantages and unique features. The service can be used through a web browser or mobile app on a number of devices. Audiobooks.com has a very extensive library, almost as big as Audible.
Things I love about Audiobooks.com:
- Just like Audible and Scribd, Audiobooks.com comes with a free 30-day trial. If you decide to sign up for a trial, you will get one free audiobook plus one audiobook from their VIP section as a bonus.
- You get one audiobook from the Audiobooks.com curated VIP section every month at no extra cost.
- Audiobooks.com gives its members access to a podcast section that features over 70,000 podcasts.
- You get to keep all the audiobooks you purchased even if you cancel your subscription.
- Every audiobook comes with a 3-minute preview that you can listen to before you purchase it.
Things I don't like about Audiobooks.com:
- Their basic subscription plan is $14.95 a month and it gives you access to just one book (plus one book from the VIP section, as mentioned above).